Thursday, July 12, 2007

RapidSVN and GSoC Survery


I installed RapidSVN today. It looks like this will really make working with svn a bit easier. I have been doing most of my SVN work from the command line and I like being able to have a nice visual overview of how everything stands. This was really easy to install from the RPMs that I found online.

I have uploaded the code that I wanted on google at this time so I feel like I am pretty much on track to get this project done by the end of the summer. I went ahead and did the GSoC survey too.

After reading "Perl Best Practices (PBP)" I plan on going back and doing some editing of the command line options from the programs. I really think I should change the way the help works, this currently just kicks into perldoc. The PBP book suggests a much better way to do this by having separate options:
  • --usage
    Short usage statement.
  • --help
    Short usage statement with one liners describing the required arguments and options . This will be the default to go to when the user enters incorrect information at the command line.
  • --man
    This will print the perldoc POD documentation
I will also be adding additional information to the POD doc as suggested by PBP.

No comments: