Friday, June 22, 2007

PhyExport: Working copy posted

I now have a working version of PhyExport (as posted on the project source code repository. This version uses the Bio::Tree object. The biggest problem I had was to figure out how to add data to the tree object in a recursive subfunction. The recursive subfunction was used to fetch all of the children nodes from the root.

I ended up giving the program the package name PhyloDB. I then used 'our $tree' to set the scope of tree object to a package level variable. This allowed me to add nodes to the tree as $PhyloDB::tree.

PhyExport can now export node names, edge lengths, and boot strap values in any export format that Bio::Tree can use.

I have a lot of clean up work to do with this, but at least I have something that works now.

No comments: