Monday, June 18, 2007

PhyImport: Added root node info to tree table

I have added the root node to the tree table. This was not to hard to do using the Tree object in bioperl.

I tried to get the parse_dsn subfucntion from DBI to work, but it is not parsing the dsn correctly, and I need to move forward on other aspects of the project. For now, only a specific dsn string will be properly parsed by PhyImport.

I have changed the name of programs to lowercase.

I am considering switching to using R. Vos's Bio::Phylo. It seems like a richer object model for phylogenies.

I am setting PhyImport aside for now to work on PhyExport but I will come back to it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.